Making friends in the local community plays a critical role in cross-cultural work. But this can be stressful in a new neighborhood let alone in a new host culture. So what can we do? Practice of course! This course by Link Care practically evaluates the relationships that you can or may have in your current local community, and lists some steps on how to improve them with good faceworking strategies.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and categorize your interpersonal relationships into 5 arenas
- Evaluate relationships in those arenas
- Identify your strengths and define practical steps to improve relationships in weaker arenas
- Determine a specific plan with resources to build up your faceworking skills
- Develop practical guidelines to define goals and a timeframe for those specific plans