Depression is a common illness and can affect anyone. This course by OMF is intended to enable us to care for one another more effectively by recognizing some of the symptoms of depression. It lists some steps that will be helpful to work through depression.
This course is to help leaders better understand depression, how to identify it, and how to escalate concerns by:
- Describing what depression is
- Explaining why it is important to recognize depression
- Knowing how to recognize warning signs of depression
- Understanding what professionals can do to help, and
- Helping you to play your part in member care
Note: The information provided in this course is for education and information only. It should not be considered as medical advice. Please seek professional advice if you suspect depression in yourself or others.