Discipleship is one of the essential core skills of church planting. This Discipleship course is designed to assist you in developing necessary attitudes, skills and knowledge to be effective in disciple-making within the context of establishing healthy, relevant, reproducing churches. We will have the benefit of newer and veteran workers learning together, bringing fresh ideas and the wisdom of years of experience. When you have completed this module, you will have:
- Articulated the essentials of discipleship.
- Considered what reflects spiritual growth in a disciple in your context.
- Compared the biblical worldview and your host culture’s worldview in order to identify some ways to contextualize your approach to discipleship.
- Identified areas where God is challenging you to grow as a disciple-maker.
- Interacted with the role of failure in discipleship and its necessity in our growth.
- Owned the role discipleship has in seeing disciples and churches multiply.
- Identified barriers to making disciples that reproduce. Given that the material and instructional method in this course is directed toward Western cross-cultural workers, it is assumed that it will be adapted as needed when passing it on to others.
Discipleship: Growing Mature Followers of Jesus includes four weekly lessons and 3 days for course wrap-up. At the beginning of each week you can download the “ebook” with the lessons for that week. Lessons for each week are divided into subsections which may include an article for reading, a short video, a worksheet, an online posting of your reply or a forum discussion. Each subsection will normally take 15-45 minutes to complete. You should plan to participate in the course every day (not including weekends). Expect to spend about 4-6 hours weekly. If you finish a lesson earlier, you are encouraged to spend the additional time processing the material, talking to others in online discussions, or by reading additional resource materials. If you miss a day, try to not let two days go by without checking in. It is crucial to post your responses and reply to the posts of other participants in a timely manner. You will not receive a grade from your facilitator or from World Team. Your success in learning will be measured by you and your local co-laborers as they notice your renewed and more strategic engagement in discipleship.
There are no reviews yet.