Ken & Mary Royer
Link Care Center Director of Missionary Care (Ken)
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Mary)
Steve & Patty Karum
Co-director of Member Care, New Tribes Mission
Darwin & Darlis Anderson, International Messengers
Perry Bradford, Barnabas International
Bev Feiker, Barnabas International
Dean & Bettyann Johnson
Roni Pruitt, Columbia University
- Build bridges to your mission/church/ministry’s goals, staff, and missionary issues
- Develop a therapeutic community
- Equip with information, tools, resources, relationships, cautions
- Promote accurate self-assessment and commitment to learn and grow
- Topics to consider
- Accountability – to whom and for what?
- Dealing with difficult personalities
- Functioning as h/w team
- How to assess people and situations
- Peace-making 360
- Promoting growth, wholeness and holiness
- Starting well; developing credibility; building rapport quickly
- Thinking beyond the spiritual – understanding the intersection between Biblical and clinical care
- Understanding life beyond the curtain
- Understanding life in front of the curtain
- Understanding the receptor organization
- Walking beside the leader
- What are the limits of my experience?
- What are the pitfalls?
- What kind of mistakes have other newbies made and how can I avoid them?
- When and how and to whom do I refer when over my head?
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines and specialties
- Avoiding evangelical “agendas” (i.e., Theophostic counseling or prayer counseling), but keeping it Biblical
- Understanding authority (you have none)
- Understanding confidentiality
- Understanding reporting – to whom; how much?
- Unloading your load- how often? To whom? How much?
There are no reviews yet.