If anyone knows how to influence others, it’s Tony Dungy, the first African-American coach to lead his NFL team to win a Super Bowl. Dungy is also a committed Christian who’s become a bestselling author and popular speaker.
This book includes story after story of how Dungy was influenced in his life and how he’s had the opportunity to influence others. Dungy believes that being a mentor is something all of us should be doing whether we’re teachers, missionaries, parents, or simply committed followers of Jesus Christ. Take a few minutes to evaluate how you’re doing influencing those in your life:
- Evaluate your integrity: Are your actions consistent with your words?
- Evaluate your character: It’s been suggested that character is what you are when no one is watching.
- Evaluate your impact: Are you making lives better?
- Evaluate your focus: Is it centered on benefitting others?
- Evaluate your vision: What do you hope the future will look like as you proceed?
- Evaluate your motives: Are you working for yourself? For God? For others?
- Evaluate your heart for others: Are you shepherding those around you – your family and other people in your life. Would you place yourself in harm’s way for their sake?
- Evaluate your God-given platforms: The size doesn’t matter. What natural platforms do you have for influencing people’s lives?
- Evaluate your readiness for teachable moments: How can you become more sensitive to the unexpected moments when you can make a difference?
- Evaluate your consistency: Do your actions mirror your words? There’s no surer way to create a credibility gap than if they don’t.
- Evaluate your faith: Does your faith create a foundation that others can believe in? Are you building on sand or on solid rock?
- Evaluate your willingness to receive input from others. Can you accept candid feedback and differing opinions realizing that someone else may have a better way?
- Evaluate your engagement with others. You must be engaged with others for them to trust you and want to follow you. Leadership is a “contact” sport.
- Evaluate your ultimate outcome: Are you adding value to the lives of others in your life?
There are no reviews yet.