SEND Core is a set of standard onboarding materials that represent the core of SEND’s cross-cultural training. This training material is a collection of readings, videos, reflections, and quizzes from various fields of SEND International. Each module was developed by an expert in that field and facilitated by SEND U staff.
You will learn about SEND in this self-paced, asynchronous, course individually or in a group. The course is offered throughout the year. Once you start the course, we would ask that you complete all assignments within one month of beginning the course.
SEND Core is for:
- All new full-time staff working in the SEND sending offices not going through the full SEND Membership Orientation Program (MOP).
- Those who were hired after in one of the sending offices or the International Office after January 1, 2017, are encouraged to go through SEND Core (on paid time).
- Those who work in the sending offices of our partner organizations are encouraged to go through SEND Core.
- Mobilizers and member care coaches would be strongly encouraged to go through SEND Core if they have not gone through MOP 202 or MOP 202V.
The following 14 topics are covered in SEND Core:
- SEND’s Values
- SEND’s Organizational Structure
- SEND Mission Statement: Mobilize
- SEND Mission Statement: Engage
- SEND Mission Statement: Establish
- SEND’s commitment to Working with the National Church
- SEND’s commitment to Teaming
- SEND’s commitment to Intercultural Teaming
- SEND’s commitment to Lifelong Learning
- SEND’s commitment to Data Security
- SEND’ commitment and policies related to Safety & Security
- SEND’s Child Protection Policy
- SEND’s philosophy and ministry strategies for Church Planting
- SEND’s philosophy and methodologies for Disciple-Making
These topics present the core of who we are, and our commitment to serving together. The fourteen topics listed above are not sending-area specific, but are part of the Member Orientation Program (MOP) training for all SEND members and partners.