A Collaborative Network of Development Resources to Cultivate Potential in Great Commission Women Personal and Ministry Development in a Women-to-Women Setting
“Historically women have been in the forefront of missions but far too little has been done to intentionally steward their giftedness.” (Steve Moore – President, Missio Nexus, 2012-2015)
Goals: To serve the Great Commission community by offering a platform for facilitating the sharing of existing resources, as well as innovation to meet evolving needs, in order to provide pathways and experiences that support women in different areas of giftedness, life stages, and transitions.
Rationale: While many continuing education opportunities are widely available for both men and women, it is often in a dedicated, relational, women-to-women setting that more servants of the gospel find accessible avenues into development opportunities that are relevant and confidence-building.
Women Who Can Benefit (Single or Married, with or without children):
- Women of all ages who are currently serving in fulfilling roles yet desire continuing education for enhanced skills and personal refreshment
- Mature women who have grown into new gifts and interests and desire to shift their primary ministry roles as they discover more about their gifting and passions but need directed encouragement, training, and mentoring
- Young women preparing for a lifetime of ministry yet to be determined
- Young women at home with children who can be better encouraged and connected during this important, but often demanding and lonely, time
- Mid-life women whose families are raised and who are now in a stage of life with more time and experience to give but who lack confidence and/or training to step out
- Women retiring and wondering how to best spend these very available years with more limited energy but more abundant life experience
- Women in transitions of various kinds, wondering about what comes next
- Women with leadership gifting, needing pathways, mentoring, and sponsoring
Outcomes: Great Commission servants strengthened!; spiritual growth and renewal; resource connections and contributions; relational stimulation and connection; peer-discipleship and mentoring; enhanced vision and hope; ministry development and skills
Implementation: For the long-term well-being and effectiveness of their women, agencies and churches can intentionally encourage women serving as staff, volunteers, and/or lay-leaders to participate in personal and ministry development annually or bi-annually. Whether functioning as pre-field/ministry, post-field, or continuing education, regular development opportunities provide a wealth of benefits to the women who make up a great portion of the Body of Christ. Budgeting of time, money, and responsibilities can reflect this priority.
There are no reviews yet.